Monday, April 2, 2012

Anniversary

Yesterday was 11th wedding anniversary.
My husband gave me a special present.

Can you guess what??

It was beef tongue.
The big whole one.

In Japan,beef tongue called "GYU TAN"
GYU means beef.
For example,KOBE Beef =KOBE GYU.
TAN means tongue.

GYU TAN is very popular food in Japan.
Whole tongue cost 15 dollars in USA.
Just 10 sliced extra thin cost ....
OVER 15 dollars  in Japan.

My husband cleaned and cooked it.


He cut it extra thin and grilled.
Put salt&pepper and squeezed lemon juice.
It was soooooo yum!!!
I also enjoyed California sparkling wine.



2 comments:

  1. Happy, happy anniversary! The beef tongue you had looks very interesting, although I don't think I could actually eat it. Hope you have many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete